The Doctor Blue Box

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Colored Water

Nikon D90 1/600 @ f/10 ISO 640 105mm

While looking through a few photographic magazines I found on image that kept everything in the scene its "normal" tone and changed anything that moved, such as water, to another color.
The technique they used was to set the camera on a tripod and expose the same scene three times with different filters. They used RGB so that the images all together would create a normal tone except for the moving objects caught in just one or two but not all filters.

I do not own the specific filters needed but I felt compelled to find my own way of doing it.
For this image I simply did a multiple exposure of three shots, and with each one I adjust the white balance to something close to RGB. The results vary but I find them interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic colors. This has a very nice emotion to it, very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting Scarlet. I like the way you think and try stuff that we might not cover in class. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

fans